- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of butter cut into small pieces
- 85 grams of 60% cacao chocolate chopped
- 170 grams of 70% cacao chocolate chopped
- 57 grams of 85% cacao chocolate chopped
- 5 large eggs (at room temp)
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of walnut pieces (optional)
- 1 cup of chocolate (melts or chips)
- 1 cup of white chocolate
- You can also sprinkle on coconut, toffee bits, sprinkles, crushed nuts etc while the chocolate is melted – BE CREATIVE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your 9×13 inch pan with a non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl whisk together your flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together your sugars together and set aside.
- Fill a medium-sized pot half way with water and bring to a light simmer over low-medium heat. In a large heat proof bowl combine your chocolate and butter stirring until melted and smooth.
- Once your mixture is melted turn off your burner but leave the bowl over the water. Add in your sugars and whisk until fully combined.
- Remove the bowl from over the water and add in 3 of your eggs, whisk until just combined. Add in your remaining eggs and whisk until just combined.
- Add in your vanilla and whisk gently – do not over mix.
- Sprinkle your flour mixture over the batter and using a spatula fold the flour mixture in. Stop when you see just a few remaining bits of flour mixture.
- Pour and level your mixture into your baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes rotating your pan after 15 minutes. Be careful not to over bake! NOTE: if using walnuts you can sprinkle them over top your mixture before placing in oven to bake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 15 – 20 minutes before topping.
- Melt your chocolate in separate small bowls in the microwave in 15 second intervals stirring after each time.
- Place your melted chocolate into separate Glad bags and using one bag at a time snip of the end and drizzle over your brownies.
- If using any other toppings (coconut, toffee bits etc) immediately sprinkle them over top the melted chocolate.
Keep your brownies in a container in your fridge until you are ready to plate to serve.