Who doesn’t love coconut? Okay, I know some people don’t love it but that just means more for us coconut lovers amiright?
So we have been pretty blessed with warmer than normal temps here in Ontario. I mean they are calling for 15 DEGREES on Christmas Eve?!?!?! I know I can’t complain, being a hater of the cold weather and all but if I am being totally honest I would much rather be on a hot Mexico beach with my toes in the water, ass in the sand, and a big coconut drink in my hand!
Until the new year when I jet off to Mexico for a long overdue vacation these Soft & Chewy Chocolate Coconut Truffles will have to do!
Soft & Chewy Chocolate Coconut Truffles
These remind me of Bounty chocolate bars but in bite size form. They are incredibly delicious and never last on my dessert table!Print
- 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 3 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 2 cups of chocolate (melts or chips)
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate (melts or chips)
- Optional – toasted coconut
- Place your coconut and sugar into a medium-sized bowl and mix together.
- Next add in your sweetened condensed milk and melted coconut oil and mix until fully combined.
- Using your hands roll into 1 inch balls and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once you have all your balls rolled, place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Just before the 15 minutes is up prepare your topping using the instructions below.
- Melt your chocolate in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave in 15 second intervals stirring after each time.
- Place one ball at a time into the chocolate and using two forks move it around to fully cover. Then using the forks pass it back and forth between the forks to work off any excess chocolate before placing on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once you have coated all your truffles with the chocolate place them in the fridge to firm.
- Melt your white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 15 second intervals stirring after each time.
- Remove your truffles from the fridge. Place your melted white chocolate in a Glad bag and snip the tip then drizzle all over your truffles. If you are using toasted coconut you can now immediately sprinkle on top of your truffles while the white chocolate is still melted.
Keep your truffles in a container in your fridge until you are ready to plate to serve.
Latest posts by Aimee Geroux (see all)
- Sight Words Halloween Bingo Printable Package - October 14, 2018
- Free Printable Halloween Bookmarks - October 13, 2018
- Is Your Bedtime Routine Failing? 6 Tips for Bedtime Success - October 8, 2018