Coming from a big family the holidays are always filled with baking, tons and tons of baking! I guess I don’t mind baking it all because I get to sneak pieces of everything I make before anyone else ever sees them!
I don’t know what is better about these Chocolate Toffee Shortbread Bars, the shortbread crust, the delicious toffee filling or the chocolatey toffee bit topping? How about you try it and let me know if you can decide which part is best!
Chocolate Toffee Shortbread Bars
Throw caution to the wind and get ready to indulge in this morsel of deliciousness.Print
Chocolate Toffee Shortbread Bars Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 32 mins
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 cup of butter (room temp)
- 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 cups of milk chocolate or white chocolate for a more decadent desert (can use melts or chips)
- 1 cup of toffee bits
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixer beat your butter and brown sugar together until they are combined.
- Pour in your flour and continue mixing until combined.
- Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray then pour your mixture into the center of the pan. Using the back of a spoon smooth out and press down the mixture evenly.
- Place your pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while working on the filling.
- In a small pot heat your sweetened condensed milk and butter together until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the center of your pan with the crust and using the back of a spoon evenly spread over.
- Place your pan back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once your filling has baked for 15 minutes immediately remove from the oven and sprinkle your chocolate over top and place back in the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan and using the back of a spoon carefully spread the chocolate that has now melted over top of your filling. Sprinkle on your toffee bits and lightly press them into the chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before serving.
Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bombs - January 13, 2023
- Instant Pot Sausage White Bean Soup - January 12, 2023
- Instant Pot Sesame Chicken Bowls - January 6, 2023
Treen Goodwin says
wow these look heavenly , thanks for sharing the recipe , i will def be trying them out 🙂 scrumptious 🙂