Mischievous Minions Popcorn Recipe
Alright folks, Despicable Me 3 has to be one of Bella’s favourite movies (and mine) from this past summer! I may just love kids movies more than my kids do.
I can recall when we took the kids to see Puss In Boots and they shhhh’d Steve and I. We were laughing so hard at some of the adult humour and the kids didn’t get it.
The girls usually get passes at Christmas from my Aunt so we had some to use up when the movie hit the theatre.
Of course I like doing things on a budget so will were mischievous like the Minions and snuck in some homemade popcorn.
Not just any popcorn though, this delicious Mischievous Minions Popcorn!
Now every time we watch the movie at home Bella asks for me to make her this popcorn. Everyone loved this sweet and fun mix!
Mischievous Minions Popcorn
Watch those mischievous, fun-loving, goggled little helpers while munching on this incredible snack!
Feel free to double the recipe or cut it in half to suit your family’s needs.Print
Ingredients Or Supplies
- 6 cups Popcorn
- 16 oz White Chocolate
- Yellow & Blue Food Colouring
- 4 cups Marshmallows
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Sprinkles (yellow and blue)
- M&M’s (yellow and blue)
- Candy Eyeballs
- In a microwave safe dish melt the marshmallows and butter together in 30 second intervals until melted. You will use 1 tbsp of butter for each 1 cup of marshmallows you use.
- Once your marshmallow and butter mixture has melted pour it over your popcorn and stir until evenly coated.
- Lay the popcorn and marshmallow mix on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Add on your M&M’s and sprinkles while your popcorn is still wet. Mix the M&M’s and sprinkles so they are evenly distributed.
- In a microwave safe dish melt your white chocolate in 15-30 second intervals until melted.
- Place half of the melted white chocolate into a separate dish. Using food colouring, dye one dish blue, and the other yellow.
- TIP: If your melted white chocolate seizes up, add in a tablespoon of melted coconut oil or vegetable shortening to thin it down.
- Next, drizzle the melted white chocolate evenly over your popcorn mixture.
- Add in some of the candy eyeballs, let set for 10-15 minutes, and enjoy your Mischievous Minions Popcorn!
I also have an amazing Cars 3 popcorn recipe you should check out too!
Who is your favourite character in the movie? Let me know in the comment section below!
Latest posts by Aimee Geroux (see all)
- Getting Your Affairs in Order as a Parent - February 15, 2018
- May Your Coffee Be Stronger Than Your Toddler Decor Printable - February 12, 2018
- Valentine’s Day Sight Word Bingo Printable Package - February 11, 2018