- 3/4 cup of butter (room temp)
- 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 cups of milk chocolate or white chocolate for a more decadent desert (can use melts or chips)
- 1 cup of toffee bits
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixer beat your butter and brown sugar together until they are combined.
- Pour in your flour and continue mixing until combined.
- Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray then pour your mixture into the center of the pan. Using the back of a spoon smooth out and press down the mixture evenly.
- Place your pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while working on the filling.
- In a small pot heat your sweetened condensed milk and butter together until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the center of your pan with the crust and using the back of a spoon evenly spread over.
- Place your pan back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once your filling has baked for 15 minutes immediately remove from the oven and sprinkle your chocolate over top and place back in the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan and using the back of a spoon carefully spread the chocolate that has now melted over top of your filling. Sprinkle on your toffee bits and lightly press them into the chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before serving.
Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.