REESE Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread S’Mores Bars
If there is one new recipe you try for your next gathering, holiday party, pot luck or just because you have a craving this Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread S’Mores Bars recipe is it!
Guys … I have created a masterpiece. Morphing two of my most popular recipes on the blog into one. Chocolate Toffee Shortbread Bars and Peanut Butter Toffee S’Mores Bars. The two recipes also just happen to be the most quickly devoured desserts I serve. I also swapped out the regular peanut butter for some REESE Spreads and magic happened.
Listen, I cannot even begin to tell you how delicious my house smells. Do you know how tempting it was to stuff my face with the whole pan before taking photos. Seriously, I had to hide these from my family too. I figured the vegetable crisper under the bag of romaine would be best because my kids would never go in there!
I honestly didn’t know what to name this delicious dessert. As I stared at it in all its glory I went back and forth on names. It took me a long time to come up with a name other than ” the holy grail of party desserts” LOL! Since I had morphed two recipes together I morphed their names together and came up with “Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread S’Mores Bars“.
While this recipe takes a bit of love and patience, I promise you it is worth it. You and everyone you serve this to will want more.
My ambassadorship with REESE Spreads is coming to an end I am so thankful to have had this opportunity. I have had so much fun experimenting with how versatile this delicious spread is. We put this on nearly everything and I have swapped it into so many of my recipes seamlessly.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread S’Mores Bars With REESE Spreads
REESE Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread S’Mores Bars #DoYouSpoon
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- ¾ butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk or even dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup REESE Spreads
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 8 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (unwrapped and chopped)
- ¾ cup chopped praline nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and set to the side.
- In your mixer mix together your butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add in your flour and continue to mix until fully combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of your mixer and mix again.
- Pour your mixture into your lined 9×9 baking pan and place in oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool as you prepare the Toffee Layer
- In a small saucepan over medium heat warm your sweetened condensed milk and butter until nice and smooth.
- Pour over your crust and spread evenly.
- Place it back in the oven to bake for 15 minutes then remove and let cool until your pan is cool enough to place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once your crust and toffee base has cooled remove from the fridge and scoop your jar of marshmallow cream on top. Spread into an even layer and return to the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Just before the 20 minutes is up place your chocolate chips and REESE Spreads into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and then stir. Heat again for 30 seconds and stir. Heat one more time for 10 seconds and stir.
- Add in your Rice Krispies and mix well. Pour over your marshmallow layer and spread evenly.
- While the top mixture is still warm sprinkle over your chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and praline nuts and return to the fridge to set, about an hour.
- Keep your bars in an airtight container in your fridge and cut into squares only when you are ready to serve.
You can check out my past two REESE Spread recipes on the blog too! My Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart and Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Popsicles recipes are absolutely delicious!
Will you be making this for your next party? Let me know in the comment section below what everyone thought of it!
Disclosure: Although this post has been sponsored by Hershey Canada as part of the Golden Spoon Recipe Series, the opinions and language are all my own, and in no way do they reflect Hershey Canada. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, company, provider or party in question.
- A Tranquil Summer In Our Backyard Thanks To Mosquito Toronto - May 26, 2023
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup - May 5, 2023
- The Best Pico de Gallo - May 3, 2023
Treen Goodwin says
these looks heavenly , oh my , i’m drooling … i really need to make these , thanks for sharing the recipe 🙂
My family and I love Reese’s peanut butter cups so this would be the perfect dessert/treat for us. It’s also an excuse for me to buy a new jar of the Reese spread! Yum!