When I heard Kraft was coming out with Philadelphia Chocolate Cream Cheese I almost died and went to heaven. I mean who doesn’t love cream cheese and chocolate? Now the two greatest things have been combined and I have already been using it in my many baking recipes and as an extra special treat for me and the girls on some of our favourite breakfast foods!
When my girls saw this smooth chocolaty goodness spread on their french toast one morning they screamed “You are the best mom ever!” I was the best mom ever, they devoured their breakfast and now give me that loving look in the morning when they want their breakfast jazzed up!
New Philadelphia Chocolate is made with the creamy goodness of the Philly you know and love with a touch of pure milk chocolate. This delicious Cream Cheese has half the sugar and calories of the leading hazelnut spread, not to mention it is a great treat for the whole family. Spread it on toast, bagels, french toast or pancakes as part of a complete breakfast.
One of my girls favourite breakfast recipes is my Banana Pancakes topped with some Philly Chocolate and you can make this for you & your family by using my recipe below. Maybe make a morning of it; rent Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, make these delicious pancakes and have a breakfast picnic in your living room while watching the movie!
Philly Chocolate Banana Pancakes
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbs sugar
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 small over-ripe banana the browner your banana is the better
1 cup & 2 tbs milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbs melted unsalted butter
Vegetable oil (For Frying Pan)
Unsalted butter (For Frying Pan)
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
1. In a medium sized bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In a small sized bowl mash your banana until you get to your desired smoothness (my kids prefer completely smooth, they don’t like chunks of banana).
3. After you have mashed your banana whisk in your eggs.
4. Once you have whisked in your eggs add your milk and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
5. Pour your banana mixture and the melted butter into your flour mixture folding your batter gently just until it is blended – be careful not to over mix your batter it will be thick and lumpy depending on your banana smoothness.
6. Place a non-stick pan over medium heat on your stove top until hot. Once it is hot place a square of butter and one tablespoon of vegetable oil into your pan and swirl it around to mix it up a bit.
7. Drop your batter into your pan using a ladle or measuring cup, making sure your pancakes are 2 inches apart. Cook them until a few bubbles form the top of the pancakes and the underside is golden brown, then flip your pancakes and cook until the bottom side is golden brown and the top is puffed up.
8. Transfer your pancakes onto an oven safe dish and place in your oven to keep warm.
9. Wipe out your pan then add more butter and oil and repeat until you have cooked all your pancakes.
10. To top your pancakes you can either spread Philly Chocolate on top or scoop a ball of Philly Chocolate with a melon baller and place on top. Add a few slices of bananas, sprinkle some confectioners sugar on top and enjoy!
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Canada on Facebook is having a great challenge called “Breakfast in Bed “Likes” Challenge”. This challenge is to help you come up with a very simple but creative way to convince your better half or children to make & serve you breakfast in bed ← Tell me you don’t want someone else to cater to you one morning for a change?
It is very easy and in just 3-steps you could be snacking on some delicious Chocolate Philly, maybe even my Chocolate Philly Banana Pancakes – YUM! All you have to do is use your social media super powers and persuade friends of yours to help your dream of Chocolate in bed come true!
Here is an idea to get you closer to that Chocolate Philly in bed:
Post a Facebook Status Update (even tag Philadelphia Cream Cheese Canada in your status) saying something like “If I get 25 Likes & Shares my (insert who you want – kids, boyfriend, husband, cat … okay I am only joking about the cat) will be making me an out of this world Chocolate Philly breakfast in bed.
Once you reach your goal show that special someone the post and they won’t be able to deny you your well deserved reward! Then when that special someone serves you that amazing breakfast using Chocolate Philly snap a photo of them and submit it to the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Canada Facebook page!
As frugal families we are here at Extreme Couponing Mom I have an extra special announcement to help you be served Chocolate Philly in bed while saving! That’s right, you guessed it – a COUPON!
Starting on May 21, 2013 you can head over to the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Canada Facebook page and get your hands on a coupon to help you save on the Philadelphia Chocolate a.k.a Heaven in a Philly tub as I like to call it!
Leave me a comment below and tell me what will you put #PhillyChocolate on?
For more information on the Chocolate Philly in Bed Challenge and Coupon offer head on over to the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Canada Facebook Page.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for which I was compensated for. Even though I was compensated for this post I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences. The views and opinions expressed in this post are purely my own based on my research and experiences. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, company, provider or party in question.
Latest posts by Aimee Geroux (see all)
- Sight Words Halloween Bingo Printable Package - October 14, 2018
- Free Printable Halloween Bookmarks - October 13, 2018
- Is Your Bedtime Routine Failing? 6 Tips for Bedtime Success - October 8, 2018