Chocolate Coconut Squares
If there is one thing I love to do it is snack. I try to have healthy snacks in the house so I make better choices. Doritos apparently are not a breakfast food, who knew? Bella also loves to snack and I have done a great job teaching her to pick healthy choices for her snacks. Of course I let her indulge from time to time, life would be boring otherwise. Thankfully she is not too picky, she loves almost every fruit and would pick yogurt and cheese over chips.
Even though I work from home, I am extremely busy most days. On an average day I draft 2-3 future blog posts, reply to emails, edit photos, and more. You can usually find me in my office from early morning to late at night trying to hammer through the never-ending to-do list. While I wish I had all the time in the world to bake, the reality is I am pressed for time. I need to make snacks that are super easy, quick, and if they are no-cook it is a huge bonus!
If you love delicious snacks that don’t have you slaving away in the kitchen this chocolate coconut squares recipe is for you. Not only is it super easy to make, it only has 6 ingredients, and it is no-bake!
Chocolate Coconut Squares
Whip up a quick, healthier snack for you and your kids today. These chocolate coconut squares are the perfect treat for after school, on-the-go, and when you just need a little something to curb your cravings for not-so-healthy foods.Print
- 1 3/4 cup shredded coconut, large flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (measured solid)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (measured solid)
- 1/2 bar of dark chocolate or chocolate of choice (roughly 12 small squares)
- In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl melt the coconut oil.
- Once melted add in the shredded coconut, honey and vanilla to your melted coconut oil. Mix well until all the coconut is covered and is sticky.
- Line an 8×4 pan with parchment paper and using a spatula, press the coconut mixture firmly into the pan. The more you press the better the bars will hold together.
- Place in the freezer to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Just before the bars are finished setting make the chocolate topping. In a small microwave safe dish melt the remaining coconut oil and chocolate bar in 15 second intervals mixing each time until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the coconut mixture making sure the chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Return to the freezer for 30 more minutes until chocolate is hard.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
You can keep these in the freezer for up to a month. Just wrap and place in a freezer safe container or bag.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check out my recipe section for some more tasty treats!
Latest posts by Aimee Geroux (see all)
- Sight Words Halloween Bingo Printable Package - October 14, 2018
- Free Printable Halloween Bookmarks - October 13, 2018
- Is Your Bedtime Routine Failing? 6 Tips for Bedtime Success - October 8, 2018