Earlier this week I shared with you an amazing FREE printable set of DIY Alphabet Flash Cards. Well, today I am back at it and ready to share another amazing FREE printable with you, DIY Number Flash Cards. I will also be sharing Shape & Colour Flash Cards as well as many other free printables so definitely stay tuned for those in the coming weeks.
I had my first daughter at a pretty young age, I was only 19 when I gave birth to Abby on a cold day back in May of 2002, later on that month I turned 20. Her sister Hailee followed almost 3 years later. When they were born there really wasn’t an online forum of mom groups and this wide world of bloggers there to share all kinds of amazing tools to help aid us in teaching our children. I am sure there were bloggers back then but I don’t think it was quite the way it is now almost 14 years later. My older girls also attended daycare from an early age so they learned a lot there.
I was a single mom for many years as my older girls grew up and working full-time outside the home in order to keep a roof over our heads meant there wasn’t much time in between me arriving home and their bedtime to cook, eat, and bathe. We always read bedtime stories but for the most part their learning came from what was being taught in the daycare and then in Kindergarten. I relied on them heavily to teach my girls what I would have had I been home.
I do feel sometimes like I could have been a better mother, sometimes as I am sitting on my living room floor with Bella, teaching her a new skill, I will get emotional as I think to myself that I should have found that time, squeezed it in somewhere with my older two. Ugh that lovely friend MOM GUILT.
As I mentioned in the DIY Alphabet Flash Cards post, Bella has really excelled in her learning using a variety of tools such as her Ikea chalkboard that I use to draw the alphabet, numbers, colours, and shapes on as well as the Munchkin bath letters and numbers that turn bath time into learning time too and flash cards like these DIY Number Flash Cards I am sharing with you today! At 2 years old her being able to recognize all the letters in the alphabet, her basic shapes, basic colours, and numbers from 1-10 just astounds me.
To make these DIY Number Flash Cards I use the Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouches that go with my Scotch Thermal Laminator. I normally buy them on Amazon because I always have free gift cards from sites like Swagbucks, Opinion Post, and DailyRewards lying around. I also prefer to print on thicker white cardstock type paper.
The DIY Number Flash Cards FREE printable is set up so it will print 4 cards per page. This is to help cut down paper waste.
- Cut the four cards out, trimming them smaller so there is space between them once they are placed in the laminating pouch.
- Swipe the back of each paper card with a glue stick before placing it into the pouch so they will not shift. Be sure to leave enough space between the cards so you can cut to separate them after they are sealed.
- Run the pouch through your laminator 1-2 times, I like to do it twice to get it nice and sealed. Then let cool before cutting. I like to round the edges so the little ones don’t scratch or poke themselves.
DIY Number Flash Cards FREE Printable
Don’t forget to get the DIY Alphabet Flash Cards FREE Printable over here on the blog!
If you would like to see more educational and fun FREE printables be sure to let me know in the comment section below!
Latest posts by Aimee Geroux (see all)
- Canadian Holiday Sales & Deals 2017 - October 13, 2017
- 7 Tips For Great Family Pumpkin Patch Pictures - October 6, 2017
- Remember This When You Feel Like You’re Failing As A Mom - October 5, 2017