Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
I love making gifts for my family, whether it is baking them a sweet array of delicious treats or these amazing sugar scrubs I am always finding new things to create for them.
This year I wanted to gift all the women in my life a little “me-time” where they can pamper themselves. Of course I have yet to win the lottery so buying them all a day at the spa was out of the question. I scoured online what I could make for them and had a few ideas floating around in my head. It came down to bath bombs or sugar scrub and since I love all things sugar scrubs it wasn’t hard to make that final cut.
These super simple 10-minute D.I.Y Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrubs are the perfect gift for any lady on your gift giving list.
DIY Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
You can do this any time of the year using many different essential oils. For Valentines Day I will be making this exact recipe except exchanging the peppermint oil for cinnamon leaf oil!Print
Ingredients Or Supplies
- 4 cups Organic Sugar or Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Frozen Raspberries – a handful will do
1. In a large mixing bowl pour in your 4 cups of sugar.
2. Liquefy your coconut oil by placing it in a glass bowl or measuring cup and use your defrost option on your microwave heating for 15 second intervals until it turns into liquid.
3. Slowly add in your coconut oil mixing well until you reach a soft consistency but not too oily.
4. Add in about 5-10 drops of vitamin e oil and mix well. Then add in about 10-20 drops of peppermint oil depending on how soft or strong you would like it to smell and mix well.
5. Separate your mixture into two bowls equally.
6. In a separate small dish place a handful of frozen raspberries. Add in a few tablespoons of water and using a fork smash the raspberries until you have a nice red juice
7. You can strain the juice or like me use a spoon to scoop out some liquid trying to not get any bits or seeds and add it to one half of your mixture a spoonful at a time mixing well each time until you reach the colour you desire.
8. Once you have your red/pink mixture make a large paper funnel and place a few scoops of red into your container. Use your fingers or an end of a wooden spoon (or in my case the end of my rolling pin) to pat down the layer. Then do the same for the white and alternate until your jar is full.
9. Add on a nice tag or some Christmas twine like I did in little bows and a perfect holiday gift you will have!
What are your favourite essential oils to use in homemade sugar scrubs? Let me know in the comment section below!
Latest posts by Aimee Geroux (see all)
- Getting Your Affairs in Order as a Parent - February 15, 2018
- May Your Coffee Be Stronger Than Your Toddler Decor Printable - February 12, 2018
- Valentine’s Day Sight Word Bingo Printable Package - February 11, 2018