DIY Father’s Day Card: You’re An EGGcellent Daddy
I’m back with another adorable DIY Father’s Day card! If you like having options go check out the You’re An Un-BEE-lievable Daddy! DIY Father’s Day Card. You can decide which one you like best and want to make. If you have more than one child you can make both, allowing each child to have a special card for their dad.
While we should celebrate and appreciate our parents everyday, Father’s Day is a great time to do something extra special to let your dad know how much he means to you. My daughters all love crafting and they always make something by hand to give to their dad on Father’s Day.
This craft is perfect for older kids to do on their own, giving you some quiet time. If your child is younger you will need to assist them with the tracing and cutting
Don’t worry if you are not a crafty person, this DIY is extremely easy to do. I not only give you step-by-step instructions with visuals to show you how to do it, but I also give you a printable with both the card and egg stencil.
DIY FATHER’S DAY CARD
Below are visuals to walk you quickly through the process steps so you can see how easy it is to make. At the end of the post you will find a full list of the supplies you will need, and instructions so you can make this adorable card for the special dad in your life.
Set up your work area with all of the supplies you will need.
Begin by downloading and printing the You’re an EGGcellent Daddy! package below. Cut out the egg and then trace it onto the white craft foam or felt.
Glue the egg onto your printed out card.
Next, outline the egg.
Cut the yolk circle from the egg template, trace onto yellow foam or felt and cut out.
Glue the yolk and googly eyes onto the egg.
Cut small rosy cheeks from pink craft foam or felt and glue in place. You can draw on a black smile or cut one from black craft foam or felt, then glue it in place.
When you are done the front of your card will look like this. Write a special poem or personal message inside of the card for your dad.
YOU’RE AN EGGCELLENT DADDY
Now that you have witnessed how easy this craft is to make from the above process shots are you ready to get crafting? Gather the supplies listed below and follow the instructions to make this incredibly adorable Father’s Day card!
- Black, Pink, Yellow, and White Craft Foam or Felt Sheets
- White Cardstock
- White Glue
- Googly Eyes
- Black Marker & Pencil
- Begin by downloading and printing the EGG template below onto the white cardstock.
- Fold your printed card in half and set aside.
- Cut out your printed egg template.
- Trace the egg onto white craft foam or felt and cut it out.
- Glue the egg onto the front of your printed folded card in between the message.
- Outline the egg using your black marker.
- Cut the yolk circle from your egg template, trace onto yellow foam or felt and cut out.
- Glue the yolk onto your egg.
- Next, glue the googly eyes onto the egg.
- Cut small rosy cheeks from pink craft foam or felt and glue in place.
- Draw on a black smile or cut one from black craft foam or felt, then glue it onto the egg.
- Add a personal message or poem on the inside of the card for your dad.
Latest posts by Aimee Geroux (see all)
- Fun S.T.E.A.M Experiments With Project Mc² Science Kits - July 28, 2017
- Delicious Hearty Instant Pot Beef Stew - July 28, 2017
- Relationship Tips To Keep The Spark Burning After Having A Baby - July 26, 2017