- A box of your favourite cake mix + needed additional ingredients
- 1-2 cans of frosting
- Food colouring
- Welch’s Fruit Rolls
- Bake your cupcakes according to the directions on the box.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before decorating.
- Place your cooled cupcakes in a decorative cupcake cup.
- Put one can of icing in a bowl, add a few drops of your desired colouring, and mix well.
- Scoop your coloured icing into a large plastic bag.
- If wanting a swirl effect, put a can of white icing into a large plastic bag.
- Adjust the icing down to one corner of the bag, flatten, and then snip the corner.
- In another large plastic bag snip the corner and place an icing tip into it.
- Slide in both flattened bags of icing, one on top of the other, down into the corner.
- Twist up the excess bag at the top and squeeze to get the icing going.
- Start at the edge of your cupcake, working your way to the middle in a circle squeezing the icing onto the cupcake.
- Once you have iced your cupcake place your unicorn horn in the middle.