- 4-5 lb Roast (Chuck, Boneless Blade, or Pot Roast)
- Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- 1 Onion Quartered
- 4-6 Carrots Peeled and cut into medium size pieces
- 8 Cups of Water
- 2 Packages ClubHouse Slow Cookers Pot Roast Mix
- 5-6 Potatoes Peeled and Quartered
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- In an oven safe large pot add a splash of olive oil and turn on to medium heat.
- While your pot is heating season your roast on all sides with salt and pepper. Rub it into the meat well.
- Once your pot is hot add your carrots and brown. When done remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add in your onions and brown. Once done remove and set aside with the carrots.
- Next place the roast inside the pot and sear on all sides to lock in the juices. Once seared remove and set on plate with carrots and onions.
- Quickly sauté your garlic before adding in the liquid in the next step.
- Mix each one packet of ClubHouse Pot Roast mix with 4 cups of water and pour into your pot. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck on bits.
- Place your roast back into the pot, then add in your carrots and onions. Put the lid on your pot and place into the oven.
- You will need to cook your roast for 1 hour per pound. A 3 lb roast will take 3 hours, 4 lb 4 hours and so on. Do not open the oven at any point as you will release heat and the cooking time will need to increase. The trick to getting a perfect pot roast in the oven is cooking it low. slow, and leaving it alone.
- About 30-40 minutes before your roast is done cook your potatoes in a separate pot on your stove.
- Once your potatoes are done, mash and set aside. If you want garlic mash you can roast garlic in tinfoil with some olive oil, salt, and pepper while your pot roast cooks then mash and add to your potatoes.
- When your pot roast is done remove the pot to the top of your stove. Remove the carrots and onions to a serving dish. Remove the roast to another serving dish and tent while you make the gravy.
- Make a roux with butter and flour. Melt about 3/4 to 1 cup of butter and add in a spoonful of flour at a time. Mix well after each addition until you get a not too thick but not too think consistency.
- Slowly add in a bit of your roux. Stir well after each addition until you get the gravy consistency you enjoy.
- Shred your pot roast using two forks and serve your meal.
Do not follow the instructions on the ClubHouse packets. You must dilute 1 packet to 4 cups water. This is to ensure it doesn’t turn into gravy and scorch while cooking as it is meant to thicken while cooking in a slow cooker when done by the package instructions.