- 4-5 lb Roast (Chuck, Boneless Blade, or Pot Roast)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- 1 Onion Diced
- 8 Cups of Water
- 2 Packages ClubHouse Slow Cookers Pot Roast Mix
- 1 Onion Quartered (optional)
- 4-6 Carrots Peeled and cut into medium size pieces
- 5-6 Potatoes, Peeled and Quartered
- Remove the lid from your Instant Pot and press the sauté button, add in a splash of olive oil and let heat.
- While the pot is heating, season your roast on all sides with salt and pepper. Rub into the meat well.
- Once your pot is hot place the roast inside. Sear the roast on all sides to lock in the juices. When finished searing remove and set aside.
- Next place in your diced onion and garlic, cooking for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix each one packet of Clubhouse Pot Roast mix with 4 cups of water and pour into your Instant Pot. With a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any bits stuck to the bottom.
- Place your roast back into your Instant Pot and press the Stew/Soup button, adjust the time to 85 minutes.
- When it is done cooking, quick release the pressure.
- Add in your carrots and quartered onion, pushing them down into the liquid. Using the Manual button set it for 8 minutes. Once done quick release the pressure. Remove the roast and tent with foil, also remove the carrots and onion and set aside.
- Place your potatoes into the liquid and using the Manual button set it for 7 minutes. Once done quick release the pressure. Remove the potatoes to a serving dish and turn off the Instant Pot.
- Make a roux with butter and flour. Melt about 3/4 cup of butter and add in a spoonful of flour at a time. Mix well after each addition until you get a not too thick but not too thin consistency.
- Slowly add in a bit of your roux. Stir well after each addition until you get the gravy consistency you enjoy.
- Shred your pot roast with two forks and serve.
Remember the cook time does not include the time it takes for your pressure cooker to come to pressure. The time it takes to come to pressure will vary. My initial cook of the pot roast took about 15 minutes to come to pressure before cooking for the 85 minutes. The last two rounds for the carrots, onions, and potatoes took only 5 minutes to come back to pressure as the liquid inside the pot was already hot.
This recipe was made using the 8 Quart Instant Pot. If you have a smaller Instant Pot you may need to adjust the liquid to 4-6 cups vs 8 so you do not overload your Instant Pot. Still make the ClubHouse packets 1 packet to 4 cups water. This is to ensure it doesn’t turn into gravy while cooking and scorch as it is meant to thicken while cooking in a slow cooker when done by the package instructions.