- 1 to 1 1/2 rack of pork back ribs
- 3 1/2 cups of apple juice
- 1/2 cups of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- Cut your full rack of ribs in half and remove the membrane from the back of the ribs where the bones are.
- In your Instant Pot pour in your apple juice and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. I used lemon juice as I didn’t have apple cider vinegar and it is a substitute for it.
- Place your Instant Pot trivet inside your pot and then place your 2-3 half racks of ribs on the trivet.
- Using the manual function set the time to 30 minutes. IF your meat on your ribs are not as thick as mine, set the time for 25 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes. Then quick release the remaining pressure.
- While the pressure is releasing put your oven on 500, or pre-heat your BBQ.
- Carefully remove your ribs onto a tray. Generously coat all sides of your ribs with your preferred BBQ sauce.
- Using an oven, place your ribs on a baking sheet and cook until the BBQ sauce has caramelized, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- If using your BBQ, place them on top of the flames and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, flipping half way through, until the BBQ sauce has caramelized
Remember the cook time does not include the time it takes for your pressure cooker to come to pressure. The time it takes to come to pressure will vary.
This recipe was made using the 8 Quart Instant Pot but can be done in the 6 quart Instant Pot as well.
Also ensure when you are pressure cooking, that your valve is set to sealing not venting or it will not come to pressure.